Presentation Skills for Professionals
Why This Course?
Every time we speak to a group there is a powerful opportunity to
reach and influence their thinking and actions. Certainly, it can
be challenging to put yourself in their shoes, but gaining this
perspective is a key to success. There is no longer any reason to
compromise presentation effectiveness -- it doesn't take any longer to
hit the mark with an audience than it does to lose them
completely. This program provides a systematic and proven strategy
for building strong
audience rapport while persuading and influencing to gain acceptance of
proposals or new ideas. Carefully planned and executed, this approach delivers an irresistible call to action.
Managers, executives, trainers, consultants, salespeople, team
leaders and and
others who give group presentations to persuade, inform, or propose
ideas and plans for action.
Gain or improve these six essential speaking skills:
- Build on natural public speaking strengths, adding new awareness,
skills and polish as a presenter
- Gain confidence and finesse as you pinpoint your
unique presentation style and discover how to make the most of it
- Master techniques for turning cloaked power plays
(challenging questions or comments intended to divert attention)
into increased audience rapport.
- Deal with the occasional and inevitable blunders
or technical difficulties gracefully,
without giving away power
- Learn how to analyze the composition of an audience to
reveal their intellectual and emotional hot-buttons.
- Learn how to establish rapport, credibility, and
emotional connection to your audience
- Use this connection to inspire, inform,
teach, coach/facilitate or persuade
- Discover innovative ways to involve the audience
in what is real and vital to them
- Use the bridge of rapport to not only hold their
attention, but to reach them emotionally with your message
- How your use of space, gestures, visual
aides and other "non-verbals" say more than your
- Explore the use of appropriate humor
... how humor can be your most powerful tool ... identify your
natural humor style.
- Review the fundamental of effective speaking
-- what makes a great presenter and great presentation?
- Anatomy of an effective presentation -- how
does every effective speech begin and end? What happens in
- Audience analysis: Step into the audiences
anticipated experience of your presentation. What will they
hear, see, and feel that will convince them to act, agree or
accept your message?
- Staying powerful and resourceful: how to manage ones mental and
emotional state when
- Handling confrontation
- Dealing with a disgruntled or bored
- Fielding hostile or challenging questions
- Rapport and "sensory acuity" to
be able to notice and use the audience’s signals ... how this
also helps relieve anxiety by shifting ones attention from self to audience
at the right times
- Managing diverse audiences: How to accommodate
multiple learning/listening styles
- Effective use of space, gestures, and visual
aids. How to avoid common pitfalls and gain maximum
impact. NOTE: If course participants plan to use MS
PowerPoint or similar visual aids, click here for that
- Video feedback and private coaching for accelerated learning (optional but recommended)
1 - 12 hours total classroom time, as an in-person workshop or online webinar
Delivery Options: 1-2 sessions of any length; ideal
length depends on participant experience and objectives.